Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Rain, The Park and Other Things

I know I'm dating myself (at least I know who's paying for dinner), but...

Cowsills are dying. Two members of the Cowsills, the family band on which the TV band, the Partridge Family was based, died. One Friday and one in the aftermath of Katrina. I actually saw them. My parents took us to a Cowsills concert (I think it was at a county fair) when I was....I dunno, maybe 10 or 12? It was a huge deal to us. Black armbands for all my friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I'm sad, too. We had some of their 45's. I remember us kids lip-sincing to the songs. My hairbrush made a good mic.

When Doug took me to see the Mike Love version of the Beach boys a few years ago...guess who was (and still is) performing with them...John Cowsill. He sang the lead on "Help Me Rhonda" and I went crazy. Poor Doug...he was disappointed that I showed more interest in John Cowsill than I did in Mike Love, whose love child I carried for 13 months! (Kidding about that part).

Black Arm Band for a while.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home