Friday, February 10, 2006

The National Hockey League is betting against itself

Will the National Hockey League ever stop poking itself in the eye with a fork?

First we have the lock out, which tried it's damndest to bury the league. Now we have the gambling ring scandal. I was looking for some odds on whether or not the NHL will cover (this whole thing up), but I can't get those anywhere. Maybe I should call Janet Jones. Then there's her husband doing his best Sergeant Schultz impression..."I know na..ting!" while asking his buddy if he can keep her action out of the scandal. Things are getting dicey in Wayne's world.

Speaking of poking themselves in the eye with a fork (and going a completely different direction)...when will the Muslim world realize that getting all bent out of shape in violent protest over a cartoon depicting them as terrorists isn't helping you look like a peaceful religious group? I realize the cartoons are offensive, but getting violent about it is a lot like the wife, after a discussion with friends, telling her husband, "They're saying I dominate you. Tell 'em I don't dominate you!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Bubbles said...

Yeah, Wayne didn't know a thing. What did he think she was spending half a mill on? Shoes? I don't think he's going to get out of it that easily!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home