Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I guess something's actually getting done

I don't know if it's just in my little world or what, but everyone seems to be doing a lot of scurrying around. Come to think of it, it probably is my little world, just because a lot of things really are going on. None of them are particularly exciting, but they do make for being more busy than usual.

At work there is a ton of construction going on, so things are moving around to accomodate that. Roads opening and closing, and parking possibilities appearing and disappearing on an hourly basis. At home we're having the second floor painted, but we're doing all the stuff except the actual painting (pulling outlet covers, moving furniture away from walls, etc.) to save the painters' time and therefore save us money. The fridge saga is more of a changing information thing than actual stuff happening. First it's coming, then it's not, then the guys show up unannounced to take the current one away, and get sent away, because we still need it to keep things cold. It's still sitting there, not making ice, but the current story is we should have a new one tomorrow. Then they can have the current (it seems wrong to call it the 'old' one) one. Funny how quickly you learn to live without ice though. We've been managing for a week and a half.

All of it seems to be making me keep my head on a swivel, but at the end of the day, I look around and I'm still in the same place. Granted, the second floor painting job is almost done, which means I'll soon get to move the rest of our stuff back where it was, but even that is more a big deal to the wife than to me. The rooms getting painted are the ones we didn't do previously (three bedrooms and two baths). The youngster's Gator room and the hall were already done. The colors all look off white to me, which differs slightly from the white they were before. It's a much bigger deal to the wife (who can actually tell the difference, or so she claims) than it is to me. Except for the paint smell, I'm having a hard time noticing the guy did anything. I know that's a guy thing which women don't understand. No, we don't know the difference between eggshell and white, because we don't see the difference between eggshell and white. They're both white, or close enough to not matter. There are more important things to waste time on, like who can burp more lyrics to Stairway to Heaven.

Thank God mom-in-law's in town and supervising (or at least keeping track of) the stuff happening in the house. The stuff at work, hopefully is in at least as capable hands. As long as they don't put a tree through my car, or tow it away, I'll be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home