Friday, June 30, 2006

Elvis has left the building

Well, not quite, but he's on his way out.

I'll be vacationing beginning next week and going until July 19th, so this place will be pretty dull. I may get in a post here and there but I don't expect to spend a whole lot of time near a computer, but will spend plenty near the banks of the now flooding mighty Susquehanna river. My timing, as usual, is impeccable.

If I was more savvy, I'd have hired a guest blogger to fill in for me or run a "Best of the Lumberyard" thing like Jim Rome does when he vacations, but the best and worst are just a click away in the archives and who am I to decide which is which and even if I did, who would really care? Besides, all I'd need is for some guest blogger to quadruple my readership and have all 28 of those people tell me they like the new guy better, and I should find something else to do with my spare time. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants coming back from vacation? At least "babe a day" and "thought for the day" will continue to bring something new (or slightly recycled) to the page.

Have a great few weeks, and I'll be back when I'm back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

J, Have a safe vacation and enjoy your time away from the Rat race. You'll be missed.
xxoo

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home