Wednesday, June 21, 2006

company e-mail

Some people will never learn. If you reply to a company wide e-mail and you just want the person who sent it to you to get the reply, don't "reply to all".

We got a company wide e-mail about weight watchers. It was an offer to join a company group session. The Director of Human Resources sent back the following reply (though I've removed the names to protect both the innocent and the computer illiterate) to the entire company.

"I just got clearance from my doctor to join WW but don't want to fork out another $200+ bucks when they refused to reimburse me from the last time that I was unable to attend. Would you see if they would let me use that previous payment as a credit towards joining now? Thank you for your help."

Well, I'm glad this person's doc is OKing the weight watchers thing, and I'm glad they're thinking of dieting because, frankly, this person has been letting themselves go for a long time, (and it's really hard to stay gender non-specific) but damn, they're the Director of Human Resources. Doncha think they could afford the other $200 if they really want to do this thing and....well...it's just waaaay too much information for me, but the guys in the mailroom might enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home