Monday, June 12, 2006

people are looking at me like I'm stooopid

OK, I know I walked right into that one and there are a bazillion smart assed retorts. Go fer it and enjoy yourself for a few.

Most of these people aren't actually looking at me. They're listening to me because they're calling, mostly from points north. They're relatives calling, concerned about the onslaught of Tropical Storm Alberto..which is tracking right at me. I am grateful for the fact that I have people concerned for my safety, but really...in this case...we're actually hoping this thing hits us.

Alberto is supposedly full of rain and not a whole lot of wind. We've been in a drought for the past month...two months...a long time. It's been damn dry, and it still is. We've got wildfires starting up from cigarette butts tossed from car windows on I-95. The whole east coast of Florida is kindling. What could possibly be better than a huge drenching? The firefighters are praying for this thing.

So when they call and ask if we think it'll hit us, and I say, "Please, bring it on!" they think I'm nuts...but really....we could stand a good soaking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Hey J...hope the storm gives you rain and nothing severe as structual damage. Here in NC, we're getting pounded by electrical storms--hail, lightning and thunder so loud its setting off car alarms...

hugs...

:)

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home