Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6/6/6

What sort of bullshit is this? Don't you people have lives? Do we have to make up shit to be worried about?

It's June 6th, 2006. Two Thousand and Six, people. The day you got your panties all in a wad over happened two thousand years ago, and nothing bad happened, at least nothing we're feeling the ramifications of today that I know of. If you know different, feel free to enlighten me. I doubt anyone back on June 6th, 6 even knew it was a bad day. They probably didn't even call it June. I don't know when 666 got rubber stamped as something evil, but I'm betting it was after that.

Oh sure, the folks in Hell, Michigan are having a field day with it, and I don't blame them. If I lived there, I'd jump on the marketing possibilities and haul in an extra dollar or two, too...but beyond that....I hope nobody really had a c-section over this thing, or a kid with goat horns.

ps. Thought of this later. The youngster is now into scary movies. It's pretty funny actually. He wants to watch all this scary stuff and then, come time to take his shower at night, he wants somebody to be upstairs (where the bathroom is). Since my computer is in a spare bedroom upstairs, I'll hang in there while he takes a shower. Then, come bedtime, he either wants someone up there or lights on, and then he wants to know...."Dad, how long before you go to bed?" So, he likes scaring himself silly, but then he regrets it at night when he has to be by himself. Anyway, we were in Blockbuster this weekend and as we were checking out, he saw some DVDs for sale. One box said "Prequel to The Exorcist - scariest movie ever made." So now he's got this Exorcist fixation. He wants to see the Exorcist...bad....because he wants to see the scariest movie ever made. It's like a challenge for him. Problem is, Blockbuster doesn't have it. I'm sure we'll figure out something....

"your mother wears socks that smell"

1 Comments:

Blogger S.S. said...

It's interesting coz I told myself yesterday to make sure my baby wouldn't be born on 09/09/09. I know it's not 06/06/06 but close enough.
Just in case he'll have thorns on his/her head.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home