Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the weekend

A weekend wrapped in grilled burgers and prayers for our fallen comrades. I had to explain it all to the youngster, who was suprised it was a holiday weekend. I guess once school lets out, the concept of holidays gets fuzzy, because he has every day off. I gave him pretty much the same explanation you can read here.

Started reading the DaVinci Code, just so I can see for myself what all the hoopla is about. That, and supposedly its a very good book that I had intended to read for a while. Just hadn't made the time.

Played something like golf yesterday. Above all else, it was hot, but besides that, it was pretty much the same old story. I'm inconsistently decent. Played horribly for the front 9 and then...looked like a real golfer on the back. Yeah, looked just enough like a real golfer to give me a ray of hope and make me keep trying. Still, it was just as much about spending some time with friends...one of whom I never played with before, but knew pretty well. It was a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home