Wednesday, May 24, 2006

the consequences of free speech..continued

Not that I'm beating a dead horse or anything, but I just wanted to make the point that liberals aren't the only ones who say stupid shit and expect no consequences. Conservatives do it too.

Early in the Clinton years, an Air Force general in an officers club somewhere was bemoaning the fact that he was having difficulty respecting a boss who was a whore mongering, pot smoking liberal with no balls. Two days later he was a retired Air Force general. (In an unrelated but true piece of trivia, I was actually working with the general's son when this happened. We were both working for a computer consulting company in J'ville. He left to go to grad school at Duke. I left for the job I have now.)

Here's the part where I do a Da Vinci Code/Fahrenheit 9/11, and take one kernel of fact and mix in a few unsubstantiated yet believable tidbits, because it makes for a better story....

In the following press conference, Hillary retorted, "Bill does so have balls! I'd show them to you but they're in my other pants...which reminds me, I need to get them out of the hamper before they accidentally go through the wash....again."

I understand later, to remedy the wash situation, she gave them to an intern to track.

...and just so nobody thinks I believe I'm immune, I expect to be held accountable for the stupid shit I say, too. This target on my back is there for a reason. I don't mind being wrong or stupid. I've been both before...today even....more than once. I do, however, like knowing why I'm wrong or stupid....so feel free to blast away, but make sure there's some thought behind the shotgun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home