Friday, June 02, 2006

approval ratings and choices and someone please give us something worth voting for

The Democrats in this country are dancing circles about Dubya's approval rating. They hate the guy and are pleased as punch that the rest of the country is finally agreeing with them, and yeah, they should be. I know my opinion of our president hasn't exactly gotten better.

What I want to say though, is be careful. This is probably your best shot at people like me in a very long time. Don't take it lightly, and don't assume we'll salute anything you run up the flagpole just because it's a break from the last eight years. Just because I'm not that keen on Dubya doesn't mean I've become a flaming liberal. Don't confuse the country's lack of approval with the current regime with a change in attitudes, or values, or the views that sent us all to the polls in the first place. I could vote for a Democrat. I have in the past. (I know...shocking, but it has happened, on more than one occasion, and not too long ago, but it has been since the 70's that my vote for President went that way.) I won't vote for just any Democrat though. Serve me up another liberal joke from Massachusetts and I'm sorry...that could still make me pull the lever for Bush, if he could run a third time. Dukakis...Kerry....what's next, the midnight ride of Teddy Kennedy? I have enough trouble fathoming how the people of Massachusetts can continually send that guy to Washington. Don't expect the rest of us to fall in that line. For God's sake, don't put Hillary up there. I'll vote for my tattoo covered cousin's pet snake before I'll put my stamp of approval on that bitch. If you want to stir up the "anybody but..." vote, nominate her. Give me a real choice I can be happy with. Just because I don't particulary like who's running the show now, doesn't mean I haven't figured out it could get a lot worse, as well as a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home