Thursday, June 08, 2006

the NBA finals

I find myself in a strange detatched spot with the NBA finals. I usually pick a team and pull for them, but I'm not particulary fond of either this time around. you'd think I'd be pulling for Miami. they're the in state team, but although they are in state, they're still 350 miles away. That, and I've never been a Shaq fan. Even when he played for Orlando, I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe if he could sink a free throw I'd think of him more as a basketball player. Then there's "Zo." In my Villanova Wildcat colored world, I see Alanzo Mourning and all I see is Hoya. I look at Pat Riley and all I see is rat. There's a bit there to like in Mr. Wade, who's struggling with the flu or something.

Then there's the Mavs. I liked the Mavs more when Steve Nash was there. Yes, I realize he was a Sun, before he was a Mav, before he was a Sun, but I still thought the NBA world was a better place when he was in Dallas. Both teams are there for the first time, so one of my usual highly weighted reasons to pull for a team when I have no other will be fulfilled either way. I guess in the end I'll sorta pull for Dallas....if for no other reason than I like the Heat less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home