Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gettin' ready for the trip north

We're packing up the family truckster with sweaters, heavy coats and jeans for the trip to Pennsylvania. Just joking. We are going to Pennsylvania in a few weeks, but sans sweaters. We used to go for Christmas, but at some point sanity kicked in and asked us why we did that when it was cold there and nice here. Why didn't we do that in July when it's ungodly hot here and...well, slightly less ungodly hot there...on some days. After doing it a few times and watching the temperatures, I've come to the conclusion it gets just as hot there as here during the day, and hotter on a lot of days. It does cool down faster and more at night though, and that makes things more comfy there in the summer.

This didn't start out as a weather post though, not that I'm sure what it started out as. I just know that wasn't it. So we're planning....and doing a ton of planning, because this trip also coincides with the parents' 50th wedding anniversary...so there's going to be lots of us there, and events taking place and trying to get it all where it needs to be and thank God for my brothers and sister, geographically much closer to the situation and handling the bulk of it all.

Besides all that planning though, is the aging family truckster, which will carry us and our stuff to the keystone state. It's in fine shape, but I will take it in for an oil change this weekend and a general looking at by people more qualified than I, and while I'm planning that...the radio antenna broke. It's an annoyance more than anything. It's one of those that extends and retracts when you turn it on or off and the motor that does that extending and retracting has gone haywire. It's happened and been replaced once before, making me again wish for a different design, like the ones embedded in the windshield with no moving parts. So for now...until Saturday when I get it to the shop, I'm avoiding the radio, which ain't so bad. I'm getting back to some of my CDs...rediscovering Elvis....Costello...cuz the angels wanna wear my red shoes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

... and I would rather be anywhere else than here today...

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home