Monday, August 14, 2006

the preseason begins

I hate being a pessimist..I really do. I don't know what else to be after watching the Jaguars play Miami Saturday night though. I saw a lot of things to get excited about, and like, but I saw one glaring offensive flaw.

When our first string played their first string, we were on the losing end of the stick. Our offense was ineffective and our defense wasn't all that stifling. People want to say, "Well, it's the first preseason game, and you'll have this and that and excuse after excuse." It was Miami's first preseason game too. Their offense seemed to start off well. It didn't seem to need too many excuses. I can't say much about their defense, because I think our offense pretty much beat itself. Fred Taylor danced waiting for a hole to open. When it didn't, he lost yards. Matt Jones and Earnest Wilford dropped passes. Byron looked decent, but he got no help. Marcedes Lewis, the first round draft pick who's supposed to help the passing game left on a cart with a high ankle sprain.

Yeah, our backups and scrubs who won't make the team came in and won the game, but that doesn't matter much. Our starters have a long way to go...and they'd better move in that direction or it'll be a long season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home