Friday, November 17, 2006

quick hits on a Friday

Well, the emergency secret management meeting yesterday may have happened...may not. All I know is if it did, nothing earth shattering came out of it...yet. In fact, nothing at all came out of it that has been relayed to the masses. I have a feeling it was a rumor myth.

Tom Coughlin brings the New York Football Giants to Alltel Monday night, in his first appearance here since he was the Jaguars coach. I like Coughlin. I didn't like the way he left here, and to be honest, if it were up to me, he'd still be the Jaguars coach. I think his departure was partially orchestrated by the local media. They hated him because getting news out of him was like pulling teeth...wisdom teeth. He made them work at their jobs. I think they went out of their way to cast him in a bad light and turned local public opinion against a guy who put together one hell of a football team. (Then again, it all might just be my aversion to change.) Now, 4 years later, we're turning to a quarterback he drafted. Our primary running back is still one of his picks. Our defense is anchored by two tackles he drafted. Our wide receiver corps is substandard, and none of them were his picks, though two were first rounders and this year's first round pick is a tight end that hasn't done squat yet. Still, all I hear is how Jack Del Rio and Shack Harris are far better talent evaluators. I'm not convinced. They pick up better talent in later draft rounds, but their first round performance is nothing stellar. All that said, I like Del Rio. I just think we pushed someone better out the door.

The youngster's progress report came home yesterday. Better. Still a long way to go. We're working it though.

11:45 tomorrow night (Eastern time), look to the skies. There's supposed to be a pretty large meteor shower. Should be plenty of stuff to wish on.

What happened? I blinked on Halloween and all of a sudden, it's Thanksgiving. Where'd that come from? Time to go turkey shopping....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home