Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Veterans Day

Yeah, I know...I gotta lighten up. Enough doom and gloom prophesies about what'll happen now that the election turned out the way it did. It's never as bad or as good as anyone expects, and that includes me. One thing the liberal across the cubicle wall said made me think (yeah, on occasion he does that)...these guys might actually surprise me and make me proud. Hey, it could happen. Time to move on though.

It's Veterans Day weekend. Please take a few minutes to thank the people who sacrificed to keep this country free, and give us all the ability to speak out and exercise our choices in government. It probably means more to me than some, because I had friends who sacrificed all they had. Then, again maybe not, because we all have friends like that. Remember them, and say a silent thank you. Two minutes. It's a pittance of time.

Fred Taylor went and guaranteed a Jaguar win over the Texans. I'm sorry Fred, but you just don't do that. When asked about it by the Houston press, he didn't back down, saying sure, it might motivate them to hit me harder, but that bulletin board material stuff is overrated. So are guarantees, Fred. Ask Rasheed Wallace.

The new washer has arrived and it's working, even as I type. It's niiiice. Thank you Home Depot, for actually coming when you said you'd come, and delivering it for us. It's amazing what I used to take for granted.

The youngster and I are off to buy Crocs....Florida Gator inspired Crocs. (Gator Crocs. That just sounds wrong.) They're...ummmm...not for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

On the Crocs thing. We went to the mall and found the Gator Crocs for the youngster. While there I pondered the practicality of them. There are tons of times I need to go outside...to take the dog out, or take the garbage to the curb, or pace the porch, waiting for people to bring the younsgster back from babysitting. These things could be handy when I don't want to go find some real shoes. I basically convinced myself that I, too, could use some crocs. Then I convinced myself, for reasons I'm not sure of since I'm not a rabid Gator fan... since I will have Crocs, I should have the Gator Crocs. So I guess in the end, they...ummm...were for me.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home