Monday, November 06, 2006

bits and pieces

Yes the Jaguars won. Yes, they beat someone they should beat, and soundly. Yes, David Garrard did a nice job at quarterback. Yes, the sentiment in J'ville is becoming "Byron who?" and while I like what Garrard is doing, I'm not so sure about the idea of making him the guy. I'll grant you that I'm usually very stubborn about changes like this. I didn't like when Leftwich supplanted Brunell, and I'm not liking this idea all that much. I love that David Garrard is playing well and winning, but I don't like pouring gas on an already burning quarterback controversy, if not in the coaches' minds, in the minds of most Jaguar fans. Quarterback controversies aren't good for teams trying to make the playoffs. We'll see how it pans out though.

The youngster and I went on a volunteer project Saturday morning. We were putting backpacks filled with books and toys in huge boxes to be delivered to "challenged" schools. Someone, in their infinite wisdom, armed my son with a tape gun. In my effort to help him tape boxes shut, I managed to get my hand punctured. My fault as much as anybody's, for letting him use the tapegun in the first place, but hindsight is...well, hindsight. He felt terrible about making me bleed, gave up the tape gun and we helped in a station less hazardous. The bleeding did stop, and my hand is fine, if anyone was concerned.

Saddam gets the death penalty. Who knows when that'll actually happen. Yes, my aversion to that type of punishment extends...even to him. It's hard to justify it though, when he leaves the courtroom advocating death for all who oppose him. That kind of cancer needs to be isolated someplace where he can affect nothing. Do they still have those Gulag things in Siberia?

An update on the washer situation...after another several loads holding the damn door shut so the electrical connection was made and the washer kept running, we believe we have enough clean clothes to make it to Thursday...when the new washer shows up. Or that's the plan anyway. We were told it would show up Thursday. Maybe Home Depot knows how to keep an appointment. I'm taking nothing for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home