Thursday, November 02, 2006

babysitting....more serious than I realized

When I discussed the youngster doing babysitting before, I mentioned this Red Cross course that I knew was out there and that I supposed...he needed to be taking.

This course is serious, and a bit more than I think the youngster needs. It's a full 8 hour day and includes things like diaper changing. Now, I don't see anyone ever hiring him to babysit kids of a diaper changing age. Then again, I suppose it's possible. Feeding? I just don't see him there, but again...I have been wrong before. Some of you marked that day on your calendar in case you needed proof. We're going to have to discuss this though. I thought it'd be something like a few hours of safety items and, while I applaud the Red Cross for being thorough, I can see where this is going to be a tough sell with the youngster. They'd lose him in diaper changing and never get him back. If people are willing to let him watch their kids without spending a day in this class (not to mention fifty bucks, and it expires after a year, so that's probably a good ten percent of his income), he's probably not going to be interested. I'll give it a shot though. He might surprise me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home