Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I love it when a plan comes together

WARNING: "patting myself on the back" post to follow.

Most of the Christmas shopping is done. I sat back last night thinking, "What did I do before the internet and online shopping?" but I had the answer. I used to spend a lot of time fighting crowds in malls. I have yet to set foot in a mall. I wonder how bad it is?

I ordered all the youngster's stuff online and yesterday the last of that arrived at work. It's now safely hidden at home. My Christmans present from my wife arrived at work as well. It's at home, even if it isn't hidden. It won't get used 'til after Christmas though. I offered to show her what she bought me, but she declined. I did go to Toys R Us and Circuit City, but that was for a project at work to give a family a Christmas that otherwise wouldn't have much of one, and I had to have the stuff by the end of the week, so I didn't want to risk the online route.

All that's left is the wife, who's trying to make up her mind what she wants. Sure, I have back up plans, but if she wants something in particular, I'd like to go there instead. I will make one mall trip, with the youngster...so he can do his shopping for mom, but that will be it. I think we're pretty much on schedule.

Now, there's just the Christmas cards...haven't started that routine yet....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started on my cards last night. Went with the generic 'happy holiday' sayings....

Mailed one to a chronic Jesus lady who gave me a lecture last year for not writing 'Merry Christmas' in the card...I left "Christ" out of Christmas and that's what the whole thing is about...

I guess I'll get the same lecture again this year... it's what I get for trying to be pc.


ps..it's me... Shere... I'm to lazy to sign in.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home