Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Christmas Story

I know I'm a bit more than a day late and a dollar short...more like a season late and a hundred and fifty bucks short, but anyway....

Consider this yet another lumberyard public service announcement. If I remember, I'll try to make the same one in November, but since I doubt that'll happen, I'm making it now. Better late, or very very early, depending on your perspective, than never. Like others made in the past, I'm not working on commission or anything. I'm just letting you know what's out there.

I, like many of you, love the movie, A Christmas Story. I, like many of you, always wanted the Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle, which would shoot our eye out, kid. That, you could go out and buy.

But if you wanted the Major Award, to proudly display in your front window...where could you get that? I, like many of you, coveted this timeless treasure. Winning it wasn't easy. I could never find any competition or contest that offered that kind of prize. Now you can, and all you need is...well...cash. Apparently, you've been able to own one for a few years now, but I just found out about it in a holiday discussion about the movie. It can come in an official wooden crate maked fra-GEE-lay (It must be Italian) and everything. Just go here and you're on your way. Thank me next Christmas, when you have one sent to the fan on your list. C'mon. I triple dog dare ya.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed the "A Christmas Story" run this year. Feels like something's missing. Thanks for that link, now I feel alive and part of the world.

:)
Shere
(Too lazy to log in)

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home