Tuesday, January 02, 2007

the game tells you what you are, part 2

That saying works for golf too.

Day after Christmas, I lost more than a half dozen balls. It might have been a whole dozen. I lost count. I was hitting everything in the water, and what didn't go there found the sand. I shot 111, which is worse that I have in a very long time.

Four days later I played again. Same course (which is fairly difficult), but OK, the weather was nicer. I finished the 18th hole with the same ball I teed up on the first hole (which is a first for that course, where water is in play on 14 of 18 holes) and shot a 93, which is one stroke less than the previous outing on every hole played.

So as much as I'd like to think I'm getting better at this, I'm not, and probably won't until I can play more often. Other than that, about the only consistent thing about my game is its inconsistency...oh, and the goal. I'm going to break 90 one day, dammit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home