Monday, December 18, 2006

the home stretch

The laborious part of Christmas is officially done. Aside from working for work this weekend, the rest of the shopping and Christmas cards got finished. Next, we await the arrival of the bills.

Beyond that though, once I get past the office hurdle, it'll be time. Time to celebrate the reason for the season, and although for me it's very religious, it's not just that. It's togetherness with family and friends. It's giving back to a community and world that gives me more than I'll ever deserve. It's a prayer for peace on earth, good will toward men. I know, I know. That should be every day, but it's not. In our hustle and bustle work-a-day world, it gets lost sometimes and Christmas brings it all back, at least for me. It's the ability to reflect, and hope, and pray for all that...now that we've answered the eternal question, "What the hell do we get my dad?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home