Friday, December 08, 2006

so much for the shuttle

My gripe with NASA...it's OK that you scrubbed the shuttle launch because of the weather. You could let people know a little before actual launch time though. I suppose you were hoping up 'til the last minute, but you knew it wasn't going. Mybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was down to the wire. I just know we were sitting there...checking every 5 minutes to see if it was still a go...expecting it to be scrubbed, but seeing...no, they're still trying...and then...nothing. Yeah, it was my choice to waste an evening eyeballing the local news site waiting for the launch, but it was still a waste. Now you know why I don't road trip to KSC for these things.

God has the A.C. on overdrive. I think we're working on a new low this weekend, which could work in our favor come Sunday at Alltel. Then again, maybe not. On one hand, you have the wussy Indianapolis Colts who favor playing in a dome. On the other, you have the Jaguars, who play outdoors, but rarely in temperatures below...oh...60°. Hard to say who will fare better in our version of the frozen tundra, but I'm crossing my fingers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home