Wednesday, December 06, 2006

light show alert

Tomorrow evening, the space shuttle is scheduled to launch around 9:30. Note I said scheduled. You never can tell with bees or space shuttles. Winnie the Pooh gave us the first observation. I bring you the second. After years of watching for launches (yes, you can even see the daytime ones from here), I've learned when it comes to flinging things into orbit, plans around NASA go according to schedule about half the time. I know I'm going to come off sounding spoiled, but that's the sole reason we have never driven down to watch a launch. I'm not going to spend 3 hours round trip in the car for something that may or may not happen. All you folks that do...more power to ya.

Anyway, if all the Kennedy Space Center finger crossing works and the thing happens Thursday evening, the whole East Coast is supposed to be able to catch the show. If you're anywhere in that neighborhood between 9:30 and about 9:45, you may want to look up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home