Friday, December 15, 2006

yeah, I'm pretty worthless

I'm not writing much, but currently, work's piling up and I plan on protecting my Christmas break...soooooooo....I'll be back when I can.

Humorous story...I hinted for Christmas with the youngster. As you might expect, for Christmas, besides getting something golf related, Santa usually brings something Jaguars related as well. So a few weeks ago, when the youngster and I were going somewhere, I told him.."I know you and mom will probably go Christmas shopping for me for some Jaguar stuff. I'm not saying you will, but if you find yourself doing that and you find yourself stumped for which direction to go, a Maurice Jones-Drew jersey would be one of your better choices." He asked, hypothetically of course, if they found themselves in that situation, which color would I prefer? White, Black or Teal? I told him Teal.

This past weekend, they hypothetically found themselves in that very situation. They hypothetically searched for the jersey in question and, not finding it, asked an employee (yes, this was the wife and not me....wives do that asking thing). The hypothetical employee responded, telling her they were sold out, and wouldn't be getting more before Christmas, but the hypothetical player in question, that amazing rookie, Maurice Jones-Drew, was standing a few feet away...and there he hypothetically was. So, they hypothetically got to meet him, even if unsuccessful in the jersey search, but the wife is questioning his height on the wesbsite. It says he's 5'7". She's 5'7" and she's a tad taller than he is. Were they really sold out? I guess, hypothetically, I'll find out on Christmas morning. Let's just say I'm skeptical. How many stores throw a promotion where they bring in a player, only to run out of his jersey? Either there's a smoke screen going up or some store did some piss poor planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home