Wednesday, December 13, 2006

you would think it's unusual or something

I own a hat. The wife bought it for me last year during the Christmas season. It's furry around the edges and then is more or less coned shaped. It looks a bit like the hat a mall Santa would wear. The biggest difference between mine and a mall Santa's hat is mine is decidedly teal, and has a Jaguar logo on the front. I picked today to pull it out and sport it in public.

Well, the young Steeler fan car pool kids were the first to notice. They labeled it 'ugly'...the 'ugliest hat in the world' in fact. The teachers who help in car pool had a different reaction, asking the youngster where his was. I wore it all the way to work, which illicited several honking horns, and now at work, reactions are mixed but all involve laughter. I think the world needs a little more of that. The problem is, not everybody can pull off the teal Santa hat look. The solution is, I can. That being the case, it's almost like a call to duty. Somebody has to do it, so it might as well be me.

As for the game this weekend in Nashville, I'm nervous again. All the talking heads seem to think I shouldn't be. "The Jaguars have finally hit their stride and there's no way the Titans should keep up with them on the field." Well, maybe so...maybe not. I sat and watched what happend when they hit their stride, and tripped and fell on their face...in two games against Houston. Wins in those games would have made all the difference in the world right about now, not to mention blowing a game in Buffalo. Those three games coulda, woulda, shoulda had us competing for the division lead right about now....but that ain't the case...and watching games like that is why I'm still nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home