Thursday, December 14, 2006

the conflict of the season

Note to all: I leave next Thursday and will be blogging sparingly between then and the new year.

Things are getting done. Tonight is the youngster's school Christmas program. Still have some nephew/niece gift cards for some place like target to pick up...piece of cake. The Christmas cards are about half done and I still need to get the wife's present, but I know where and what to get, and that will about finish it all off. Christmas is about handled.

Work, on the other hand, isn't. There's a lot going on here between now and year end, and more seems to be getting crammed in every day. (Makes me wonder why we spent two days in mandatory meetings, but that's a separate, if related, issue.) Couple that with the above note about me being outa here next Thursday, and it doesn't leave a lot of time. I'm considering staying here for the weekend to preserve the concept of leaving next Thursday...which doesn't make for much time to handle the little bit of Christmas that's left, and the other things that happen with this time of year. The job is making it feel not so much like Christmas.

I know, I'm whining and I apologize. Truth be told, it didn't make me feel any better, so I have to wonder what the point is, but I did it all the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home