Monday, December 18, 2006

better to give?

I was spared, in a sense.

I worked yesterday, in an effort to keep my days off, which start this Thursday. It's an unusually busy year end for us. To that end though, I wasn't in front of a television set. I missed the carnage that was the Jags/Titans game...a game in which the Titans had all of 5 first downs and less than 100 yards of offense and still won the game, because David Garrard gift wrapped it and handed it to them on turnovers. It was frustrating enough just hearing about it afterwards. I can't imagine how hard it would have been to actually watch. The playoff hopes are still alive, but when you play like that...there's no reason to think you'll go far down that road. I hope that game burns in Garrard's head for a long time. I hope he learned a hard lesson, and maybe some goos will come from it. Don't try to do too much. Don't try to make something big happen when nothing's there. Your team is good enough to not make all the big plays and still win. Let that happen.

I'll say this. It's proving to be a season where I'm getting my entertainment dollar's worth. From highlights like the Steelers, Jets, Giants and Colts (the second one) games, to the lowlights like the two (count 'em two) losses to the Texans and then yesterday...it's being one helluvan emotional roller coaster, which is a big part of being a fan.

Two tough games left, and I like it. I like the fact that we have to be extremely good from here out to make the playoffs. It will answer two big questions for me. Does this team belong there or not? Does David Garrard have what it takes to get us there, or not? These last two games will tell us a whole lot about where we are, and if it's not where we want to be, what has to change to get us there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home