Sunday, January 07, 2007

THE Right in the Lumberyard Blog

Hello, this is John, author for THE Right In The Lumberyard Blog. I know, you're extremely impressed, Me too. It's the THE that does it. Because I call it THE Right In The Lumberyard Blog, there's an assumption that there are thousands of other Right In The Lumberyard Blogs out there, waiting to take my place, but nooooo. This is it. This is THE one and only. It's THE Right In The Lumberyard Blog, and you should feel somewhat priveleged to be here.

It's the same with Ohio State...errrr...excuse me...THE Ohio State University. Sounds impressive doesn't it...or maybe slightly paranoid...like they know K Mart is busy building a slew of Jacklyn Smith Collection knock offs in Ashtabula, and they want to make sure everyone knows which one is THE Ohio State University...like they're a bit fearful someone else might want their spot. Come to think of it...sounds a bit stupid (or like someone could use some therapy).

Just so you don't think I'm biased, let me say the University of Miami is just as guilty, with "The U". Watching a game last night during the introductions, the players say their name and school. One guy from either the Seahawks or Cowboys (can't remeber his name) said he went to "The U", as if there's only one University out there and he attended it. Fact is, Miami has so little creativity that all they could come up with for thir helmets is a orange and green U...becuase we all need help knowing it's a University. Left on our own, we might think...oh, I dunno...crack house? If you've been to the neighborhood of "The U", you know what I mean.

Can I go back to being just Right in the Lumberyard now instead of THE Right In The Lumberyard Blog? I'm a bit more comfortable with that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home