Thursday, April 12, 2007

bits of this and that

Damn...surprised the hell outa me. I was wrong. Mark it on the calender - not that I was wrong, but that I'm admitting it. MSNBC (who used to simulcast his show) is dropping Mr. Imus, and now folks are going after CBS, where he actually does the radio show. I really am surprised. I will still stick with what I think though. The guy deserves to be punished, but losing his job is a bit much. The reality though is, if CBS drops him, XM radio will be knocking on his door inside three seconds.

As I noted yesterday, the NFL schedule is out and, lucky for me, the Jags bye week is the weekend of the MS150, so I won't be scurrying for updates at every rest stop. The other game that stands out, oddly, is the last one. Picture this. The Jaguars are 9 and 6 and need a win to get into the playoffs and their last game is....in Reliant Stadium against the Houston Texans. Any other team in the league is licking its chops, counting that one in the win column and heading to the playoffs. The Jaguars though...the Texans have a voodoo doll or something, because that's one team that has our number, for whatever reason. Those are games I sweat, and for good reason. They took two from us last year. I don't know this for a fact, but since that franchise started, we're probably the only team they have a winning record against.

The house is back in working order. I have cold food and ice once more...and just before the parents come to town next week. Great timing.

Japanese trash talk - Ichiro Suzuki on his game last night at Fenway, facing Daisuke Matsuzaka, "I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul," he says. "I plan to face him with the zeal of a challenger." Can't you just see this quote in one of those old Japanese kung fu movies where the mouths move one way and the words come out another? One of my co-workers remarked...that first line sounds like something out of a Harlequin novel. Personally, I wouldn't know.

Things are starting to buzz around here. The Players is a month away, and people are starting to gear up. From what I've seen and heard so far, it's going to be an amazing show this year, with the new clubhouse, the course redone...oh, and the heat of May.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home