Monday, April 09, 2007

baby steps

The world is getting back to normal. It's not there yet, but it is getting there.

Talked to mom yesterday and she's doing great. She's convinced oxycodone is a placebo, because she swears it doesn't do anything. I told her...stop taking it and you'll see what it's doing. Just do what the doc says.

They got us an A/C motor that works. Haven't had to use it because the weekend was chilly, but at least we have one. The floors are done. Now we just have to fix the fridge. It seems to be cooling everything OK. The icemaker is the only big thing I want back soon. The water through the door would be nice, but I want that ice.

Now that the dust is settling in the house, literally, I need to get back to the gym. I blew it off the last week and a half because of all the stuff we had going on, but now it's back to business. I did bike ride Saturday morning...22 miles. It was nasty cold and windy, but I still did it. I need to start pushing the milage a bit higher.

Easter was fairly nice. We went to church early and saw the crowd that shows up twice a year. All went well until the Masters ended and circumstances well beyond my control made me work for several hours. Still, we had a nice day and a great dinner. Hope your Easter and/or Passover was nice.

Watched a little of John McCain on 60 minutes before the work phone call came. That man is frustrating. He exaggerated more than a little when he was in Bagdad, about how he was able to walk around freely (with a bazillion troops protecting him), and then says he obviouisly misspoke, but doesn't want that to get in the way of his message...that we have to see this thing through or it'll be worse later, and things are improving in Iraq. I happen to agree with his message, but dude...if you don't want your exaggerations to get in the way of your message...DON'T FREAKIN' DO IT! Say what you mean and mean what you say and don't stretch the truth to the point where it isn't recognizable. If you want the message to come through clear, don't cloud it with stupidity!

The Masters - You go Zach Johnson! I honestly didn't watch much until Sunday...late afternoon. We just had too much going on and the television wasn't a huge part of the weekend, but it was a pleasant surprise to not see Tiger 5 shots up on the field. It was nicer to see a complete surprise atop the leaderboard.

Billy Donovan made me look like a prophet a few hours after my last post, staying at the University of Florida. Good luck with that Kentuky job Mr. Gillespie. You had better talent at A&M and didn't get to the final four. I hope you have something up your sleeve, because where you were they were grateful that you were competitive in the tournament. Where you are that doesn't happen unless you win it all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home