Tuesday, March 27, 2007

updates on stuff

Mom's doing great. The doctor said everything went well, and she was talking to everyone last night. She spent the night in the Chocolatetown, PA Medical Center and is supposed to go home today, though Dad's not too sure about that move.

Stately lumberyard manor is all prepped for the implements of destruction to show up today and floors to come up. Word has it the guys who are supposed to tear out the tile are there now, stirring up a dust storm. I'm toying with the idea of checking into a hotel 'til it's all done, but I don't think that'll go over too well.

How a typical lumberyard web surfing session goes...I heard about the Obama attack ad (link in a previous post) and went to You Tube to watch it. While there, the links next to said ad led me to watch a music video for The Fray's Over My Head (cable car), which then had a link to a version of that song by some accapella group from Harvard and Radcliffe. I watched them sing it and a link on the side then showed Jon Anderson (of Yes fame for you who remember the 70's) singing Time and a Word from something called School of Rock. Watched that, which led me to wax nostalgic and I went to BMG music to see what they had in the way of Yes music on CD, where I found a 35th anniversary 3 disc set....which led to this morning, listening to Your Move/All Good People on the way to work. Yes, February 1973...the first concert I ever went to, at Hershey Park Arena, (ticket price $3.50... I still have the stub,) just a few miles from where my mother spent last night...damn that took me back.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

that, dearie, is called "coming full circle" and if I'm not mistaken, is also a term from the seventies, probably out of some self-help pop-psychy thing like est, of which I am the progeny, being the healed hippy child of some commune loving parents. But that's another story. Although I will admit to growing up on Yes myself and I do believe there's a picture of me in my mother's photo album of me at about age 7 with my arms spread wide wearing really really big earphones and I KNOW it's YES blasting in them. All things being equal, I probably had a contact high.

Glad your mom is doing so well :-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger JessieE said...

OH, and actually, this is funny! I also saw Yes in concert at Hershey, but I was alot older. And it wasn't 1973.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home