Monday, March 26, 2007

the weekend in review

The MS150 update - the wife bought me this little thing to stick on my bike that tells me how fast and how far I'm going, so now I can do more than guesstimate. The weather was a huge improvement over the week before and I set out, averaging between 16 and 17 miles an hour, all decked out in my new biking clothes. I went to the same spot I went last week and found my conservative estimate of 10 miles just about right...it was 11 miles even. I wanted to get home and be able to say I rode 25 miles though, so I lengthened the trip home and finished at 27.3. Gotta tell ya though, it's a bit disheartening when you're out there trudging along, feeling pretty good about yourself when two real cyclists go blowing past you. They were nice enough to say "Good Morning" though, as they flew on by. That just let me know there's still a lot of work to do. Yeah, the thighs still ache a bit, but they'll get over it.

The Gators - as much as I was rooting for them, the downside will be listening to the obnoxious fans gloating all week. I should maybe pull for Georgetown, since they are the Big East representative in the final four, but I've never been able to like Georgetown, so why start now? I'd like to see the kids from Florida win. I just don't know if I can handle the fallout.

New wood floors are coming to stately lumberyard manor this week, so we spent the weekend moving a bunch of stuff as far away as possible. What's coming up is a combination of tile and carpet, and the tile part will cause a major dust storm. We figured whatever we don't move will have to be cleaned, so we moved as much as we could.

Last but not least, I've kept this out of my blog, until now. Those of you that make a practice of prayer, please pray for my mom today. She has breast cancer and is going in for a bilateral mastectomy, followed by immediate plastic surgery today. I talked to her last night and she's pretty upbeat. The house is full with some of her out of town friends, and my sister will be there this morning. I kinda wish I was too, but it's not in the cards. I'll be seeing her in a few weeks though.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

Good PA thoughts for your mom. All women band together during these times. (men too :-))

9:36 AM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

Your mom's in my prayers, J. As is all of our family. I'm always around if you need me. Just a click away.

Hugs,
Shere

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home