Thursday, March 15, 2007

the perfect storm of scheduling

OK, way too much is happening tomorrow night. I have three things that all should demand my attention, or the attention of a family member, and they all happen at the same time.

Tomorrow night is the last Cotillion dance for the youngster. There are a total of four, for which we plunked down $100 so he could attend. I figured...$25 a pop, not so bad. That was then. Since then, the yongster went to the first dance, skipped the second, went to the third and was poised to go Friday until...one of the car pool kids plays hockey, and gets to skate Friday night with the local minore league hockey team. His dad is giving us tickets, and the youngster is all pumped to go there instead of the dance. I know it's money long ago spent, but now I'm thinking back and pro-rating...$50 a dance??? Not such the great deal. If I'd have known this a year ago, we wouldn't have done this whole Cotillion thing. Heck, me playing golf ain't that expensive. But what do ya do? His buddy gets to skate with the Barracudas and he wants to go watch, and making him go to the dance won't make any of us happy. So I guess we're packing up the rolling video game and heading to the hockey game Friday night, which would be fine, except at 9:30 Friday night, the Wildcats play the Wildcats in the big March Madness dance and I should be in front of a television. I suppose I'll be missing that too. On top of that, I should be in the gym, but I'll ride a bunch of miles Saturday morning to make up for it.

I'm looking forward to the hockey game, and seeing one of my car pool charges skate with the Barracudas, but I want the youngster to go to the dance too, and I want to see Villanova play in March Madness too. Why can't some of this stuff happen on Saturday? On the good side, it gives me an excuse to break out my one and only hockey sweater, an original from the now defunct last minor league hocky team Jacksonville had...the Jacksonville Lizard Kings. The design went through a few iterations after I bought mine but the original was the best in my almost objective opinion. Haven't worn it in years, and it's way cooler than what the Barracudas have.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home