Monday, March 12, 2007

Do you know the way to San Jose?

So, my boys from Villanova are dancin'. I must be a bit on the pessimistic side, because I thought after their second round loss in the Big East tournament, they'd be a bubble team, but everything I heard over the weekend seemed to have them in the dance. Whenever the talking heads discussed teams who may or may not make it, my Wildcats weren't mentioned. What was odd was there seemed to be a bunch of teams...at least 20, who were bubble teams and part of their case for getting in the tournament was that they had a quality win over Villanova. I kept seeing that and thinking...damn...how many games did we lose? and, with all those losses, how can we still be in this thing?

So now we're in Chicago to play the other Wildcats...the more storied ones, from Kentucky, in hopes of eventually making it to San Jose and the final four. Last year we were favored to get there. This year we're more of an afterthought, but I'm hoping nonetheless.

Closer to home than San Jose, the methodical workouts to make the MS150 less stressful are still ongoing. I rode Saturday morning for at least 15 miles...probably a bit more and did the stationary bike for over 10 miles that night. I can still feel it in my thighs, but I'm thinking that's a good thing. It might mean they're getting in shape. At least I hope so. All this exercise stuff has to amount to something.

One thing I didn't know is we aren't unique in this bike ride for MS gig. There are similar rides all around the country, so if you're reading this and thinking, I want to do something like that...here's your chance. If I can do it...believe me, with enough time to prepare, so can you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home