Friday, March 09, 2007

I'm no Superman

A ramble with whine....no cheese...

For whatever reasons, last night, the gym wasn't full of American Idol worshippers. In fact, it wasn't full at all. When I got there, I had the place to myself, so I had control of the TV.

My interest in the Big East tournament waned, since Villanova had already lost to Gerogetown, leaving my boys' future uncertain for post tournament play, and I had started watching My Name is Earl at home before I left, so I continued.. That was followed by a rerun of The Office, but since I hadn't seen it the first time around, it was new for me. For those that might have seen it before, it's the episode where Jim returns to the Scranton branch after the place he moved to closed. For those that didn't and didn't catch it last night, you probably don't care. The highlight of the show, though, was the take off on Lazy Sunday called Lazy Scranton. Michael and Dwight doing the rap thing was hilarious. That was followed by Scrubs. I love the theme song by Laslo Bane and the lyric, "I can't do this all on my own. I'm no Superman." All three were pretty funny and made the time pass quickly. Scrubs featured Resident Snoop Dogg, and at one point, included some background music - R.E.M.'s Half a World Away, which reminded me of the session they did for MTV's Unplugged in the early 90's, which I thought was great. I went serching when I got back home, but couldn't find where they ever released a CD version of it...I wonder why not. I taped it on cassette from the television when it aired on MTV in 1991. I just don't know what I did with the tape, and even if I found it, would rather have it on CD, if it existed.

My one beef last night was two college age girls, who showed up to exercise for all of 15 to 20 minutes. They turned one of the other TVs...some Friends episode, and turned the volume waaaaay up, so they could hear it over the TV I was watching....virtually anywhere in the place. That part I could deal with, because I could still hear the TV closest to me over the din. Then...they left...and the whole room is blaring Chandler and Monica and Joey and....yeah. I'm on the treadmill, and don't really want to interrupt what I'm doing just to turn off the TV. I guess I just could have used an ounce of consideration. I know...waaaahhhhhhhh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home