Wednesday, March 07, 2007

quick hits on hump day

Rumor has it Barack Obama's great great great grandfather's dog's breeder's third cousin on his caucasian side owned slaves. So what? I don't know if I like this guy or not, but I know whatever happened a hundred and fifty years ago won't factor into the decision. I think it's more ironically amusing that Al Sharpton and Strom Thurman might actually be cousins, but again, it has no bearing on anything outside a game of Trivial Pursuit. Come to think of it, it probably has no bearing inside one either.

The Jaguars bought a right tackle and a receiver in free agency that they hope can bring some respect to the passing game. Time will tell if bringing in Dennis Northcutt helps, but at least I know they're trying. I listened to an interview with Tony Pashos and he's got a bit of a proud and nasty attitude. I like that. Maybe he will help pull the offensive line together. At least I don't think we stayed stagnant or got worse. I am unhappy that we let Kyle Brady go to the Patriots. They guy is one of the best blocking tight ends in the NFL, but the Patriots were willing to pay him more, so he's gone.

My little team school from mainline Philly is fighting for its chance to play in the big dance. They were far more talented last year but they could still make the field if they play well in the Big East Tournament, starting at noon today. If they go one and done though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to the N.I.T. instead.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home