Friday, March 30, 2007

the outlook is...messy

The house is a mess...or at least the first floor is. The deal was they would start Tuesday and we'd have wood floors by Friday...Saturday at the latest. The wife arranged for mom-in-law to baby sit the house for the week, but she has things to do next week so she can't do it then. Apparently they're behind, because they told the wife it'll be Monday...maybe Tuesday. That was a mistake.

"Oh no you won't be done Monday or Tuesday. You said Friday...maybe Saturday."

"No, I said if we started Monday, we could finish by Saturday."

"NO! Nobody ever mentioned starting Monday. I could have handled starting Monday, but next week I have nobody who can be here. You said you'd finish Friday. FRIDAY! Saturday was a backup. Your guys did nothing the first two days except remove tile. Monday they left at 2:00 and didn't come back. Wednesday they did nothing but get it out of the kitchen. Neither day were they here for more than six hours. You have to finish this week."

It's part of the deal where one person in the team makes up for the weaknesses of the other. There are things I do well, and things she does well, and this is her arena. I....am a pushover. The guy tells me they don't finish until Tuesday and I start making contingency plans to accomodate that. The wife stands her ground. Bottom line after the "discussion"...they're still shooting for Saturday...and my money says they'll finish Saturday.

In the meantime, we have no kitchen or place to eat, so we're doing a lot of eating out...which means we don't get back until after 8:00, and with all the other stuff we need to do, something had to give...and my workout schedule is biting the bullet. It's funny how I didn't do much of anything for years and never felt like a slug, but once I started, and I don't do it for a few days, that's how I feel. I'll ride my bike tomorrow morning though, regardless of the floor situation.

Mom's still doing well. I talked to her last night and the doctors think they got everything. They did some tests to make sure and the results aren't back, but we're praying she's done...and there's no chemotherapy in the works.

Final four...I may get to watch some if I can get to a TV. I really have no rooting interest. If Florida wins, it's a double edged sword. I would kinda like to see the local guys do it, but I don't know if I want to deal with Gator fans afterward. Other than that, all I'm pulling for is good basketball, and it should be that.

Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Hey J

Glad to hear your Mom is doing good. I hope she continues a four Star recovery. Enjoy your weekend.
xxoo

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home