Wednesday, March 28, 2007

fallout of recent events

First and by far most important, mom's fine. I called home last night and she answered the phone, which surprised me, but it was a good surprise. I talked to her, my dad and my brother. My brother said, "Yeah, she'd walking around with this bagof pain medication that's time released or something. I think it's morphine." Then he started calling it her "heroin bag."

"As long as she's got that heroin bag, she'll be fine. We'll see what happens when that goes away."

She was planning to make lasagne today though, with lots of help from my sister-in-law.

The ground floor of stately lumberyard manor is a mess. They didn't finish the tile yesterday, but they did enough to cover just about everything in dust and tile chips. I'm sure they'll get rid of the tile chips, but we may be weeks getting all the dust out. We pretty much lived upstairs last night...w'll everyone but me. the wife and mom-in-law went shopping and then watched TV in our bedroom. The youngster and I went out to eat and then he went to his room to watch TV or play computer games. I went to the gym and stayed there until it was time to say goodnight to the youngster, take a shower, take the dog out and go to sleep. Tonight I guess I'll be upstairs with everyone else...in our very tiny makeshift apartment. I'm not expecting the first floor to improve for at least two more days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home