Friday, June 01, 2007

white bike shorts

OK, so color me naive. I really had no idea.

I should stick this in my biking lessons learned entry...and maybe I still will.

I was talking to some folks at work about the ride, and one member of the group has done the MS 150 before. Someone asked me if I had those cute little bike shorts yet, and I said, "I do, and yes they're pretty skin tight which may not be the visual you want, but that padding stuff makes a huge difference."

The girl who has done it before asked if they were white...and I said, "No, they're black."

"Oh thank God," and she started giggling.

"Ummmm...why? What am I missing?"

Well, the gist of the discussion that ensued was....white bike shorts leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. I got to see some photographic evidence...emphasis on the graphic. It was one of those joke-like e-mails that makes the rounds with pictures of a bike team in white shorts, and another in red shorts. No, I won't be buying any of those.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

I HEARD about that email, and frankly, I'm dying to see it. Send it along if you have it. LOLOLOL

;-)

9:26 AM  
Blogger jimandkimwatts said...

Which MS 150 ride are you preparing for? I know there are several going on in September. I'm getting ready to ride the one in Orange Beach Al.

http://jim.taylorwatts.org

10:44 AM  
Blogger John said...

I'm doing the one from St. Augustine to Daytona and back the last week of September.

Jessie - I don't have it but I think I can get it. I'll see what I can do.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Painter Lady said...

Hmmmm... you in white shorts...how my imagination just took off! :)

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home