Tuesday, December 04, 2007

the MS bike ride saga for this year ends tonight

WARNING...what follows is me, patting myself and my bike team on the back.

What began around the beginning of March as a mission ends tonight. There is a party downtown to celebrate the end of this year's MS Bike Ride, announcing the final amount raised and handing out awards.

I'm not expecting anything personal in the way of awards, but I'm hoping I can get down there to attend anyway. Our team came in third in fund raising despite being smaller than many others, and much smaller (waayyyy less than half the size) than the two teams that raised more than us,and less than many teams who raised less. Rumor has it our team co-captains will be recognized in some way, and I'd like to be there to cheer them on.

Still, my final total raised was $3,350, and I'm pretty damn proud. Our team raised over $69,000 and the entire ride raised over a million dollars.

It's been an amazing experience, and now...I can't see myself not doing it again.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

You should be proud of yourself and you greatly do deserve a pat on the back. Great job!

12:30 PM  
Blogger JessieE said...

wooo hooo!!!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home