Friday, December 14, 2007

pulling the gravy train

I am such a food whore.

I have fairly good will power when it comes to a lot of things. I don't drink all that much any more. I quit smoking 12 years ago cold turkey. I've even been pretty disciplined about working out for nearly a year now.

All that, but put this time of year in front of me, and the parade of fattening crap that comes with it, and I'm doomed. I love food way too much.

First there's all the goodies that show up at work from vendors and such...the cookies, cakes, pies, candies, cheese balls, cheese spreads, crackers, and stuff that shows up screaming "EAT ME!"

Then there's today...specifically this afternoon, and the annual employee holiday party. We all trot over to the clubhouse at TPC Sawgrass, where they put out an incredible spread. Right now, someone needs to roll be around for me to get anywhere. There was clams, and mussels, and scallops, and salmon, and crab dip, and prime rib, and sushi, and stir fry veggies, and sweet and sour chicken, and stri fried pork, and....more and more, and that doesn't even begin to hit the dessert room. Yes...room.

There are going to be many many miles on a bicycle to make up for this week, but especially for today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home