Wednesday, December 05, 2007

we so rocked

I went to the MS Bike Ride celebration/awards thing last night. Mostly I went to support my team and its captains. Those two women worked real hard on their own time to make the ride a fun thing for all of us, and I wanted them to know I appreciated what they did. It really was their night, as our team was recognized several times.

The first plaque went to the company, for sponsoring the event. The next went to us as a team, for coming in third in fundraising among corporate teams (and actually, among all teams). The third was for best jersey. I thought ours was pretty cool (and can be seen modeled by me, and a few other team members, in this blog a few months ago) but I had no idea we'd be recognized as the best. The team captains did, though, and they were crossing their fingers when it was unveiled. They told the graphic design guy who created it that we had a chance, so he was there when they announced it. The last was for highest pledge average, because riders on our team raised an average of over $1,200 each, which pretty much blew everyone else away.

I realize this is two days in a row of tooting my own horn for the same accomplishment, but I won't apologize. I'm very proud. I'm proud of myself for doing this thing. I'm proud of my team for what we accomplished. I'm even proud of the graphic designer from work for the way cool jersey. We really did rock!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home