Tuesday, December 11, 2007

pussy whipped

It's always fun when the Carolina Panthers play the Jacksonville Jaguars...two teams that got into the NFL the same year, both with large kitty cat mascots, both using the other as a measuring stick because of all that and both having success their own way. The Jaguars own the matchup record, but the Panthers have been to a Super Bowl. Of course, it's more fun for me when they play and the Jaguars win.

On Sunday I was worried. I thought the Jaguars ought to win, but it was that sandwich game thing. They just played and lost a close game with the Colts and next week the Steelers are on the schedule. In between, there's the Panthers, with Vinnie at quarterback. There's no way my boyz should lose this game, but this is the kind of game that has bit them in the ass before. The end of last season was riddled with them. This season is different though. The Jaguars are winning more of those kinds of games that they haven't in the past, and they rolled over Carolina. Sorry Painter Lady, but I was a very happy camper on Sunday, not leaving my seat until the final seconds ticked off. The Jaguars are getting better as the season goes on, but this week will be a huge test, and the game a week ago showed the boys still have some growing to do before they're ready for the likes of the Colts and Patriots. Time will tell.

The game was a blast. There's a group that sits behind me. It's a husband, wife, her father, and a few of their friends. She's a Matt Jones fan, and everybody constantly gives her grief for it, and she constantly defends him. Sunday she was in her Matt Jones jersey, and he came to the line of scrimmage and several of us (yes, me included) were ribbing her.."Oh my God! It's a Matt Jones sighting!" The guy caught one pass in the back of the end zone, but didn't get his feet down in bounds, and we ended up settling for a field goal. The next time down though, he ran the same route, caught the ball and did come down in the end zone. She was sooo happy, giving all of us a friendly na-na-na-na-na. It's fun when you have pretty much the same people around you from game to game. Some of those people have been sitting around me since the very first Jaguar game ever. I don't know if I'll have tickets next year. They might not make the annual budget. If not though, I'm going to miss that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

:) you know, I knew your team would win and I don't begrudge it. They have been playing really well this year and deserve all the rewards they might reap from it. As for my Panthers, they've had some hard knocks with injuries and the fact that they fall apart easily during games.

If a pussy had to win, I'm glad it was you guys.

:P

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home