Friday, January 25, 2008

random thoughts

Watched the Republican debate last night from Boca Raton. (Well, no. That's a lie. I watched it from my living room. They were debating in Boca Raton.) It was nice to watch one where the participants at least act like grown ups. Whether that's just a front or not remains to be seen. As for the substance on the dais, it just started reinforcing where I was already leaning. Afterwards, some talking head from MSNBC was trying to get Rudy Giuliani to back down on support for the second amendment, asking, can you picture every New Yorker on the streets with a gun? Please. I don't own a gun, but I support the constitution right to own one, should I decide to. I don't expect to ever see all the New Yorkers walking through downtown armed, but I support their right to own a gun if they are law abiding citizens, and their right to apply for, and be granted, a concealed weapons permit under the proper conditions. That doesn't mean I expect Broadway to look like Gunsmoke. I had to laugh when he was asked why his hometown newspaper, the New York Times, was criticizing him. Personally, I'd worry if the New York Times didn't criticize a candidate I liked. The Times leans so far left it's practically horizontal. I'd have to ask some serious questions of myself if they actually liked someone I supported. All that said, I don't think Giuliani has much of a chance, but who knows. It's still a long way until November.

Today's thought for the day over there on the right is one of my favorites in the rotation. I'm most definitely a geek.

The stalkerazzi can't find Tom Brady. The sports world is shocked, but at what, I'm not sure. Shocked that Brady has disappeared or shocked that the camera goons are that inept.

I don't have a favorite in the Super Bowl, but the way I see it, it's cool if either team wins. I'd love to see the Giants win, because I like Tom Coughlin as a coach. I liked him when he was here and I hated to see him go, and it'd be cool to see him win a Super Bowl. If the Patriots win, the smugness emanating from Belichik would be awful, but it'd finally shut the '72 Dolphin curmudgeons up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

I took a quiz about whom I should vote for and... the top choice was McCain, which surprised me. My second choice was Mrs. C, which scared me. This is the first year where I haven't had a strong favorite.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

brilliant post. i love it. we think a lot alike. did you say you were married? :-)
kidding.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home