Wednesday, January 02, 2008

ringing it in

In what I hope is a sign I plan to keep up with my latest obsession and stay healthy, while many were sleeping off hangovers I was...bicycling yesterday morning. The weather here was beautiful, and I wasn't passing it up. Since then, however, someone found the A/C switch again. It's about 37° now and by 8:00 tonight, we're supposed to get to, and stay below, freezing for the rest of the night. I know, I know - compared to colder climes that ain't nuthin', but here that's pretty significant.

Football - everyone here has this superior smirk going about the Jaguar's Saturday playoff game with the Steelers. The Jaguars have beaten them already, up there in the cold, and the Steelers have more starters injured than they did then...so it ought to be a lock. Yeah, tell that to the Florida Gators, who thought they were going to roll over Michigan. My point is...never get cocky. Yeah, the Jaguars have a great chance to beat the Steelers...if they play a damn good game.

Played golf twice over the Christmas break for the first time since Labor Day. Considering how much I haven't even been to a driving range over the fall, my expectations were pretty low. Despite that, I actually played OK, for me. No, I still didn't break 90, but I came scary close on New Years Eve...with a 92.

Happy New Year folks. Let's all dive in and make it so!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

hey, you've been missed. Good to see you and your blog posts. :)

shere

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home