Monday, December 17, 2007

who turned on the AC?

Yowza, did it get cold or what?

I know, I know. We got nuthin' on you folks in the northeast. You got wind and snow and rain and the temperatures we get as lows are your highs. I know that. I especially know that because I watched three hours of it happening at John Kerry field in Pittsburgh, where the warm weather Jaguars kicked the ever lovin' crap out of the Pittsburgh Steelers. During that thing of beauty, they'd cut to Cleveland, where you couldn't even see the field through the snow. So, yes, I know you have it worse. That doesn't discount the fact that...it's cold here!

Saturday morning I went bicycling in bike shorts and a jersey (trying to work off some of the Friday feast), and came home sweaty. It was nice and warm. Sunday morning I went to church in a short sleeve shirt. Sunday, I watched that amazing display of football in shorts and a t-shirt (a Jaguar t-shirt, by the way) and grilled dinner in the same attire. Then Sunday night it happened. I went outside to do something and...whoa!

By this morning, we're in the 30's and very breezy.

But, let's get back to that butt whuppin' that was the Jaguar/Steeler game. I don't know how much of the country got to see that piece of work, but I revelled in every minute. Well, except the few minutes in the fourth quarter that put the outcome in doubt..I didn't revel in those, but I sat glued to the tube for them, and then revelled a bit more when the outcome was more certain. That display of the kind of football the Steelers are known for hasn't been seen in a while, and it especially hasn't been seen by a team not named the Steelers. Freddy Taylor ran right into their collective faces and left them on their backs, a perspective from which Troy Polamalu got a great view of the snow falling from the Pennsylvania sky. By the end of the game you couldn't read the number on his back through the mud. Wonder how that happened. The Jaguars blew what was the number one defense in the country away. I doubt they're number one after yesterday.

Reality check...I realize that doesn't mean the Jaguars are going to the Super Bowl. Neither of the two biggest stumbling blocks in that road are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Still, it was a beautiful thing. It makes it a bit tougher for that little team from J'ville to stay under the radar, and it has me doing the happy dance.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

NC had 80 F weather all last week and then someone openned the freezer yesterday and boom...the temp dropped into the 40's. I guess it's only fitting...since I haven't been able to wear my naughty or nice sweater. Now I can.

;)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home