Thursday, May 15, 2008

biking for fun

Something I used to do before I got into bicycling lots of miles, but have gotten away from, is bicycling for the fun of it. You know...what most normal people do. Take the bike out of the garage and leisurely pedal around the neighborhood...stop and talk to people...take in Mother Nature...like a two wheeled version of the Sunday drive.

I wanted to do that last night...just cuz I miss it Well, my old bike bit the dust a while ago, because it was just taking up space, so all I have is the road bike. It's kind of comical, if you're not riding "seriously" because with those pedals, you still have to wear the bike shoes...so I thought, "What the hell". I got out there in shorts and a t-shirt, and bike shoes, and pedaled around the neighborhood, like I used to...and it was fun. It wasn't strenuous or anything, just fun. Friends looked at me a little strange when I'd stop to say "hi", when they heard the little click when I got off those pedals, but other than that, it was just nice to spend an hour cruising the neighborhood like the old days.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home