Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm shocked! Shocked to find....

I was listening to my usual on the way to work...sports talk. On Thursdays they bring in this trivia dude who does trivia contests in several establishments around town, and he tries to stump the talent...with varying degrees of success.

This morning, the first question was....what is the number 1 romance movie of all time?

Well, the talking heads had fun with it for a while, throwing around names like Love Story, Brokebutt Mountain and Fatal Attraction. In the end though, I was surprised at the real answer. I consider myself somewhat romantic, but not very. Yet, Casablanca, which is one of my favorite movies ever, if not my singular favorite movie ever (and it must be viewed in black and white...that colorized stuff ain't the shit) came out on top. The thing is, if I was answering that question, I probably would have popped out an answer like Love Story, with the famous sappy line, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Casablanca, though it's my favorite movie, wouldn't have come to mind as the best romantic movie. Maybe it's a sign. Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

you go J... I would have said "Love Story" ...or Shrek (just joking)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I would have gone with Brief Encounter...

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home