Wednesday, April 30, 2008

the awards recap

The awards thing was good. It was very long, but I guess that's to be expected. I really didn't know what to expect in the way of format. I thought several kids would be nominated for each award, whatever they may be, and one would win....but that wasn't the case. Being invited ensured you were walking out with something. They gave awards for the highest grade in each class (like Freshman English, Freshman Honors English, Spanish I, Spanish II, Advanced Calculus, Computer Applications I, Computer Applications II, etc.). Then they also gave awards for most improved in each of those and a few 'you did really good even though you didn't get the highest grade' awards...kinda like runners up, for each as well. The youngster was a runner up for Computer Applications I. Figures. If it involves sitting at a computer....but yes, I am very proud. He got a certificate, and all in all...it's a good thing for his self esteem and will help him grow..I hope. Seeing that his work gets recognized...by people other than me and the wife, is a good thing

Like I said, it was long. Not only were there the individual class awards for every class for Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors (the Seniors apparently have their own thing.), but honor societies, and perfect attendance, and other miscellaneous awards. By the time it was over, we were all starving...so we left there and went to a restaurant. It was well after 9:00 when we got home, so that pretty much ate up the evening...in a very good way.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Painter Lady said...

Happy Birthday, John! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thank you :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger JessieE said...

I didn't see a post about a birthday...where's my ESP when I need it?

HB Lumberyard. Is 51 the new 51?

3:22 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thank you, and yes, 51 is the new 51...and I'm not quite the new Brad Pitt.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home