Thursday, April 24, 2008

the mystery of memory

Why is it I can get interrupted while writing a sentence, go back to it and not remember what I was writing or why...yet, shit like this is etched in my brain from 20-something years ago....

"What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can, with the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take live tuna fish, and feed 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great. Call Starkist!"

Billy Blazejowski...next to Betelgeuse, the best Michael Keaton role ever.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger JessieE said...

It's because 50 is the new 50.

I'm pretty sure.

10:17 AM  
Blogger John said...

I talk with this old guy at church occasionally. He told me how his wife likes to go to the mall, shopping, and he has to go with her. He just sits on the bench and watches the pretty ladies walk by. He said, "I can't remember why I watch them, but I like watching them."

I thought, "Please God, if I ever can't remember why I like to look at women....just strike me dead, then and there."

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home